Receding Present...
I have never thought that such a moment might approach. It never came to my mind that in my reduced family, another brutal parting will occur. My older sister, whom I like to call soos, has decided to take her chances and return to lebenon. My heart has taken a quite long time to heal after the retreat six years ago; today, the same wound bleeds again for the same cause, though the conditions diverge; we are not the ones leaving this time – how I wish we were. Today, I said one more goodbye of those which suffocate one’s breath. She slowly departed as my tears excavated their current through my cheeks down to my chin. My sight followed her until her image completely vanished; I was afraid I would lose any portion of those last few moments, that I didn’t dare blink. My feelings then, I cannot explain, for words fail to describe them. However, there are few things that might -in some way or another- comfort you my sis, as well as myself. I do respect your hard-making decission; only a very special and resilient person might make such decissions. I highly believe that your choice was wisely depicted, and is the right; so may God be with you in every step you take. The coming lines I pen to you my lovely sis, hoping to meet you again soon:We have grown together, you and I
Till this moment, the rest a sweet lie.
We’ve been through good and bad,
In both, each others’ consolation we had.
Though similar we never were,
Neither in shape nor in character;
A stronger aspect stitched our souls
Extreme compassion which from our hearts flows.
Sometimes we laughed, others we cried
Not to fight, I admit we tried.
And today, though you depart
You still reside in my heart,
So remember this fact, the most true
I love you, and will forever do.
