The Silence Chain - Destroyed
Yesterday night was relatively long , yet quenched with a lovely vision…. The image seemed distorted at first. However, it was one of the rare times that a wish comes true that quickly: it was him…..
Thoughts deep inside me tangled as he approached, until he bacame so close to me, closer than ever…. As if my mind stopped functioning that moment, I could think of nothing… How silly one can be!!! I waited so long for such a convenience, but took no steps when it was achieved. Maybe it was the lack of courage, or out of fear - fear that I might lose him… I looked into his eyes, and for the first time, his silence uttered…. As if he could read my disturbed glances, he said to me, “ Yes, I do love you…But my heart won’t grant you the life that you deserve…. I wish I could offer more, but I cannot give what I lack……” I couldn’t comprehend what I felt then: was I happy because he loves me?????? Or is it the misery which chilled my weak soul ???? His question broke that confusion overwhelming me… He asked: “ Do you love me?” But a chunk of pain, stuck in my throat, prevented me from answering…
Today I met him…. I felt his silence had grown tons and tons.. I wanted so deeply to shout: “Yes”…. But will that change anything??!!!!
Thoughts deep inside me tangled as he approached, until he bacame so close to me, closer than ever…. As if my mind stopped functioning that moment, I could think of nothing… How silly one can be!!! I waited so long for such a convenience, but took no steps when it was achieved. Maybe it was the lack of courage, or out of fear - fear that I might lose him… I looked into his eyes, and for the first time, his silence uttered…. As if he could read my disturbed glances, he said to me, “ Yes, I do love you…But my heart won’t grant you the life that you deserve…. I wish I could offer more, but I cannot give what I lack……” I couldn’t comprehend what I felt then: was I happy because he loves me?????? Or is it the misery which chilled my weak soul ???? His question broke that confusion overwhelming me… He asked: “ Do you love me?” But a chunk of pain, stuck in my throat, prevented me from answering…
Today I met him…. I felt his silence had grown tons and tons.. I wanted so deeply to shout: “Yes”…. But will that change anything??!!!!
wafaa
